DR. SOMAK GHOSH
GI, Advanced Laparoscopic, Laser and Onco (Cancer) Surgeon
Book Your Consultation Now!
Dr. Somak Ghosh
MBBS (BHU), DNB General Surgery (New Delhi)
FMAS (Minimal Access Surgery)
MNAMS (New Delhi)
Certification in Laser Proctology (Poland)
GI, Advanced Laparoscopic, Laser and Onco Surgeon
Dr Somak Ghosh is one of the leading and eminent surgeons of Kolkata. He specializes in general, advanced laparoscopic, GI and laser surgery. He is among the pioneers of laser surgery in Kolkata. His journey has been one of academic and professional brilliance.
He did his graduation (MBBS) from Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, one of the most reputed and prestigious medical institutions of India. He subsequently did his residency program and Masters (DNB Surgery) from The Calcutta Medical Research Institute, Kolkata, learning and performing advanced and complex surgical procedures under the supervision and guidance of the doyens of surgery in Kolkata.
After completion of his residency programme, in order to attain excellence and highest degree of proficiency he worked in institutions of repute such as IPGMER & SSKM Hospital Kolkata, Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan (Shishu Mangal) Kolkata, Calcutta National Medical College & Hospital etc. as a faculty for both undergraduate and post graduate medical training.
He has been awarded MNAMS from National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and has obtained fellowship (FMAS) in minimal access surgery. He holds certification as an expert in laser proctology. He was then attached to Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur as a consultant surgeon and as a teaching faculty of DNB training programme.
He specializes in performing cutting edge procedures such as laser proctology, laser vascular surgery (EVLT)and laser urology. He also proficient in advanced laparoscopic surgery and complex gastrointestinal, thyroid, breast and onco surgical procedures. He is held in high esteem by his colleagues in regard of his outstanding surgical skills and academic intelligence.
He is extremely popular amongst his patients who testify about his compassionate understanding of their problems and his way of putting their welfare above anything else.
Dr.Somak Ghosh has been associated with the following Hospitals:-
- Techno India Dama.
- Iris Multispeciality Hospital.
- Desun Hospital, Kolkata.
- Health Point, Bhawanipur.
- Tata Main Hospital, Jharkhand.
Call Us Today for Consultation
Why Choose Us
- NABH accredited hospitals
- State of the art operation theatre
- Most Advanced Technology & equipment.
- All diagnostic facilities under a single roof.
- Minimal waiting time
- Private Cabin.
Advanced Laser Technology
Advantages of Advanced Laser Technology
- Utmost priority to patient’s safety– Mandatory Pre AnestheticCheckup (PAC)
- Most advanced treatment modalities
- Excellent Post Operative Care
- Provision of excellent critical care facility (ICU/HDU)
- Our Surgical centres are COVID safe
- Internationally trained highly qualified surgeon.
- Experience of 20+ years with more than 2000 successful surgeries
- 10 YEARS of experience in Laser surgeries.
- Very experienced & competent team.
- Most attractive & affordable pricing as per current standards
- ALL Insurances/TPA covered including SwasthyaSathi.
- Attractive packages for cash-paying patients.
- Dedicated contact person.
- Round the clock available team of heath co-ordinator.
- Scheduled follow-ups.
- All relevant concerns addressed.
I want to convey my heartfelt gratitude to Dr Somak Ghosh who performed my gall bladder surgery. I was suffering from extreme stress for the last 6 months. The doctor patiently explained the condition and allayed all my apprehensions regarding the procedure. Thank you so much.
Indeed, the most treasured of the Doctors I have been privileged to meet. Dr Somak treated me as if I was a family member during all my meetings with him, before Surgery, and after. The surgery was undoubtedly successful, and the results were as described.
Dr Somak Ghosh came to be a blessing for me. I underwent laser ablation of piles and fistula two weeks ago and now I feel as if I never had any problem! There was no pain after the procedure and could join my office after 3 days.
I was suggested conventional appendectomy surgery but was awfully afraid of going under the knife. I am highly impressed by the the painless Laparoscopic Appendectomy and efficiency of the surgeon and commend him for the service he has done to me. The entire procedure was painless.