We recived your appointment request and our team will reach you out ASAP. We really appreciate you giving us a moment of your time today.
The Laser Piles and Fissure treatment is a medical procedure that utilizes laser technology to address conditions such as piles (hemorrhoids) and anal fissures. This technique involves using laser energy to eliminate the affected tissue and encourage healing. Unlike traditional surgical treatments, the procedure is minimally invasive, resulting in less pain, bleeding, and a faster recovery period. The treatment can be conducted on an outpatient basis, with anesthesia administered based on the severity of the condition. It is essential to consult with a medical professional before undergoing Laser Piles and Fissure treatment to determine its suitability. Piles and anal fissures are painful conditions caused by swollen veins in the lower rectum and anus or small tears in the anus lining. The conventional surgical treatments for these conditions can be invasive, painful, and require an extended recovery period. The Laser Piles and Fissure treatment, on the other hand, offers a more advanced and innovative approach that uses laser technology to eliminate the affected tissue and facilitate healing. This method is minimally invasive, resulting in less pain and bleeding, and patients can typically resume their usual activities within a few days.
What exactly are piles?
Piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are a bulging collection of veins and tissues in your anus and lower rectum, according to the piles specialist in Kolkata. Pile sizes vary and can be found inside or outside the anus. Internal Hemorrhoids are piles that are 2 to 4 millimetres above the anal orifice. External Haemorrhoids are those situated on the exterior margin of the anus.
What is an anal fissure?
An anal fissure is a small tear in the thin, wet tissue (mucosa) bordering the anus. An anal fissure can form during a bowel movement while passing firm faeces. Anal fissures can result in painful bowel motions as well as bleeding. Spasms in the anal sphincter may also occur. According to Dr. Somak Ghosh, one of the best fissure doctor in Kolkata, most anal fissures heal with basic medical treatments. Some patients with anal fissures, on the other hand, may require surgery.
How does Laser Procedure work?
Laser piles surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a laser to remove swollen blood vessels around the anus. The procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia, and the laser energy is used to vaporize or shrink the hemorrhoid. The surrounding tissue is left undamaged, resulting in a faster healing time and less pain for the patient. The procedure usually takes about 30 minutes, and most patients can resume normal activities within a few days.
Grades of Piles or Haemorrhoids
As mentioned by the leading piles doctor, piles or haemorrhoids are classified into four grades.
• Grade 1: Slight inflammations, mainly within the anus lining.
• Grade 2: These piles are larger than grade one piles. They remain within the anus, but may be forced out during defecation. They return alone.
• Grade 3: They are known as prolapsed haemorrhoids and appear outside the anus. A person with grade three piles may feel them hanging from the rectum, but they are easily re-inserted.
• Grade 4: Grade four heaps become big and stay outside the anus. They can't be pushed back in and must be treated. External piles form tiny lumps on the exterior of the anus. They are irritating and might become painful if a blood clot forms and prevents blood flow. External piles that include clots require rapid medical intervention.
Advantages of laser surgery over open surgery:
|Advantages of Laser Procedure
Local anesthesia or light sedation
Note: The advantages listed above are generalizations and may vary based on the specific surgical procedure and patient characteristics.
How can you determine if you have piles?
According to Dr. Somak Ghosh, regarded the best piles Surgeon in Kolkata, if you suffer any of the following symptoms, you are likely to have piles.
• Itching or irritation in the anal area
• Discomfort or pain
• Swelling of the anus
• Rectal bleeding
Dr Somak Ghosh, describes the symptoms that a piles patient may experience. Generally, piles symptoms are not cause for alarm. The problem usually resolves itself within a few days.
• A painful, hard lump around the anus.
• Even after bowel movements, the bowel may feel full.
• Stool discharges bright red blood.
• During bowel movements, the area around the anus feels itchy and painful.
Piles Treatment Risks and Complications
• Bleeding - The potential for bleeding during piles surgery is greater with open surgery. If the surgeon is not experienced enough to precisely eliminate the inflamed tissues, the patient may experience bleeding.
• Infections can grow at any time during piles surgery. Rubber band ligation procedure for piles has a higher success rate.
• Anesthesia reaction - Many patients report people experience anaesthesia side effects. As a result of the reaction, the patient may feel drowsy and nauseous for a longer period of time than usual.
• Rectal prolapse - A report published on ScienceDirect found that 12 random clinical trials found that hemorrhoidectomy (haemorrhoid surgery) is associated with long-term consequences of rectal prolapse.
How to prevent Piles?
• High fibre diet - People who do not consume enough fibre in their regular diet are more likely to develop piles. One of the simplest and most natural ways to prevent piles is to eat fiber-rich foods. It is critical to consume at least 25-30 grammes of fibre per day if you want to avoid piles.
• Drink plenty of water - Water, along with a fiber-rich diet, is critical for piles prevention. Drinking plenty of water helps to prevent constipation, which reduces the amount of strain while passing a bowel movement.
• Don't resist the urge to pass Stool - If you feel the need to use the restroom, go immediately. When your body tells you that you need to go and sit on the toilet seat, go. Listening to your body's cues makes preventing piles from worsening much easier and simpler.
• Physical activity - Hemorrhoids are linked to physical activities and how active you keep your body. Physical activity keeps the colon active and functioning properly.
My mother was suffering from severe hemorrhoids for a long time. Her condition got quite critical. She was bleeding a lot. She got operated by Dr.Somak Ghosh on 24th July and despite her critical surgery, she healed totally within a month. Thankful to Dr Somak and the entire team for a smooth hassle free surgery and post operative assistance. He took care of all the problems very well. The Hospital was out is also very good, clean and staffs are also very helpful and prompt in their duty. Thank you everyone.
The surgery itself was a success, and I was back on my feet in no time. Dr. Ghosh's post-operative care was equally impressive, and he made sure that I had all the necessary medications and follow-up appointments to ensure a full recovery. Today, I am completely free from piles and feel like a new person. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Somak Ghosh for his skillful treatment, his compassion, and his excellent patient care. I highly recommend Dr. Ghosh to anyone who is looking for the best piles surgeon in Kolkata.
We had an amazing experience meeting Dr Somak Ghosh for treatment of my sister.The faculty Healing hands in superb and the staff and all team members are very kind ,polite and professional. The treatment was suggested to us in a very efficient way. Done laser treatment for piles by dr Somak last month and now she is doing good. Thanks to the team for their kind gesture to us.
I was looking for a Good Doctor in Kolkata as my uncle requested me from Bangladesh for his Piles problem. He was misguided many times in Chattogram while he was searching for a better cure. And finally he decided to come to Kolkata for his treatment. I managed everything for him here in India. And I found Dr Somak Ghosh as a Sr Proctologist. Thanks Almighty that you introduce me with such a great Doctor. And my uncle is very happy now.
I'm very pleased to share my good experience with Dr Somak Ghosh. My general physician refered me to him for my Piles problem. He clinically examined me and suggested Laser procedure. He explained me in details about the treatment process, diet, Cost of Laser and there was no ambiguity at all. He is a very skilled surgeon and reputed Doctor. I did my Piles surgery last week in Techno Dama hospital. And his team, specially Anupam guided and helped me a lot. Thank you Doctor for curing my pain.